Client is a global pharmaceutical company.
As web developers this is the background to the development task:
- A predicted Pandemic looming.
- Pharmacovigilence (adverse events) reporting is required.
- Budget not an issue but deadline immovable; multi-million dollar brand equity at stake.
- Based on concerns about very high traffic a last minute change from Windows to Unix hosting is called for.
- Complex hosting infrastructure, not a typical LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) setup. Infrastructure maintenance has been outsourced and is not well understood by the client.
- Outsourced hosting company unwilling & unable to help and are several time-zones away.
- No in-house capability available to take this challenge on.